New Suede Shoes

Thursday, March 27, 2014

When: Wednesday, March 26th, 2014

Where: Home Studio, Dog Walk, Work at Trinkets


I had a whole different outfit planned, but when these shoes from ModCloth arrived in the mail, I had to switch it up! I have been wanting a pair of pink heels for a very, very long time, and finally, I found these sexycute mary janes and jumped at owning them. I love the color, style, height, and comfort factor (thank you platforms)!


I have had a lot on my plate lately, and I'm super grateful even though sometimes it means waking up in the middle of the night and feeling slight heart palpitations because I have a deadline I'm not really ready for... at all. I've decided to try out a few shows this spring (more on that in another post), and that has meant really upping my production rate. Since introducing children's wear and accessories into my business, things have started to pick up quite a bit, but it means that I've had a little less time for my first passion -- maternity wear. I love love love making kids stuff and I could easily just drop the adult clothing and carry on my way, but I just can't seem to let it go! 


In any case, I know this sounds trite, but doing a little online retail therapy last week in between projects, really helped alleviate some pressure. It was nice to do something for myself, just for fun, even if it was only for a few minutes. Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE my job. I'm so so so lucky that I get to do what I love to do for a living, but let's be honest: it's stressful! I do have to worry a good deal about when I'll make money and how much I'll be able to make. I have to take care of sourcing all my materials, and actually get myself to sit down and do the work when I'd rather be running around in the sunshine. I have to find shows to attend, and put myself out there, which is super difficult for me! I love being my own boss, but sometimes, my boss sucks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design