VC Makers CoOp: Not an April Fools Joke!

Friday, April 4, 2014

I was lucky enough to kick of April with a trip to Ventura for a really wonderful show. The VC Makers CoOp featured a small selection of local handcrafters, shop owners, and provision makers, as well as a plethora of food trucks boasting delicious food.


Due to *gasp!* the weather (read: wind), we were relocated from our intended places on the patio near the food trucks to the ball room above the parking lot. No matter, the view straight out to the ocean from my booth was breathtaking!


The sunlight streaming through the window set the scene for what would become a lovely evening of scarfing down a bahn-mi-rito from the Scratch Ventura food truck, oogling the goodies from Summer Camp and Marley and Alfie, and sampling the jams and nut butters from Sweet Lady Cook, and Rock Rose Provisions, respectively.


I introduced pieces from my new home line for the first time. These mini pillows are made from uncirculated (or "dead stock") vintage handkerchiefs, on which I hand embroider silly and colorful phrases.


I'm also introducing embroidery hoops of the same nature for wall decor. I sat and made a custom set with the words "Welcome Babies" to be used as nursery decor when a pair of twins arrive! They were so cute; I wish I had taken a picture of them. I'm also fully prepared to make custom name embroideries at the flea market tomorrow. I can make yours while you shop!


Huge thanks to Katherine from The Habitat Factory for having me. I sure hope our paths cross again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design