Healthy Quinoa Baked Fudge

Friday, June 27, 2014

Stop whatever you're doing and make this decadent, sweet, melty chocolate dessert, now! I recently modified my diet and I'm not eating refined sugar or dairy at the moment, but I still crave a delicious chocolate dessert almost every night. I recently watched an episode of The Pioneer Woman which featured Baked Fudge. I reaaaally wanted to try it, so I swapped a couple ingredients to make it work for me. I expected it to be a huge fail as most of my healthy dessert escapades are, but this came out gooey in the middle, fluffy on the outside, and crisp at the edges... and oh so sweet!

Please, I beg of you, give this a try! At only 170 calories a serving, what have you got to lose?!

  • 2 whole Eggs (144)
  • 1/3 Cup Honey (344)
  • 1/4 Cup Cocoa (48)
  • 2 Tablespoons Quinoa Flour* (78)
  • 1/4 cup Butter, Melted (to make it even cleaner, use coconut oil) (400)
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (12)
1. Beat eggs until light and slightly bubbly. Mix in honey until fully combined. Add in remaining ingredients and stir gently until mixed.

2. Pour mixture into 6 ramekins and place in a baking dish. Fill baking dish with warm water until the water level reaches half way up the sides of the ramekins.

3. Bake for 40 minutes at 375.

4. Top with whipped cream, if desired. Devour and enjoy!


* to make quinoa flour, put about 1/4 cup quinoa into a blender or coffee grinder and puree until it becomes a fine powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design