Perfect Weekend

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

When: Sunday, June 15th, 2014

Where: Dog park, furniture shopping, ice cream eating


The weirdest thing happened over the weekend: Alex and I both took both days off! We had both been traveling, and with our overlapping out-of-townedness, it had been over a week since we'd seen each other. To all those people in long distance relationships, military families, etc, a week doesn't seem like much, but for a couple who literally spends every single moment of life together, a week kind of felt like forever. 


Alex had been working hard in NYC, I went on a nice mini vacation at home with my family, and Bucket tried out a new doggie overnight camp, so while only one of us really deserved the time off, it was really nice to get to relax together as a petite family. The first stop for us on both Saturday and Sunday was the dog park. The weather was perfect, and watching Bucket hunt for gophers kept us all amused for a the better part of two hours.


We also made time over the weekend to eat pizza and ice cream, shop for more furniture for Alex's office, drink free mint lemonade at the Grove, hold hands, vedge out on the couch, and take in an awesome live jazz show that we didn't have to work at! It was a glimpse into what normal people feel like for 30% of the week... I have to admit, I liked it.


I wore this dress I bought to wear at our Eastover party. I got it at Urban Outfitters Surplus for ten bucks, and Alex said it's his favorite dress I've ever worn -- which is saying a lot since I've worn a heck of a lot of dresses in my day. It felt just right for a warm summer day with my new mint keds, and MARC bag. I wish every weekend could be like this!


Urban Outfitters Surplus Dress // Similar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design