Farm Fresh to You

Saturday, October 4, 2014

When Alex and I lived in Boston we had a farmshare that we picked up in Copley Square once a week. While it was great getting a surprise mix of local produce and trying out ingredients I had never seen before, some weeks we'd miss out because I couldn't make it into town to pick up my share. Since moving to LA, I've been contemplating subscribing to a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) or farmshare again, but since our schedule is so random, I was worried that I'd never get around to picking up my box on the right day. Enter Farm Fresh to You.


Signing up for the service was pretty painless, but the best part is that they deliver right to your door. I went the website, picked what kind of produce box I wanted, and how often I wanted to get it. I chose the Regular Sized Mixed Fruit and Veggie which costs $33. The description said it would feed 2-4 people and they were right! We got two pomegranates, 3 Bartlett pears, 5 gala apples, a pound of Ruby Crescent potatoes, a bunch of kale, two heads of broccoli, three red onions, a pound of baby bok choy, and a red bell pepper (phew!) It was more than enough for just Alex and me. I will probably move down to the smaller box for my next delivery.

The delivery day is based on the zip code. Mine is Friday, which works perfectly because usually our work schedule gets busier over the weekend, so it was great to skip the trip to the grocery store around that time.


Once I signed up, waiting for my package was like waiting for Christmas morning. I was really excited to see what I would get! Luckily, at noon on Thursday, I was able to log into my account and see what was heading my way. I instantly started brainstorming what I could make with my box.


When it arrived, I drafted up a little menu of recipes I could make with these ingredients... And I fully intend on scarfing down each bite so that nothing goes to waste before we leave for our honeymoon next week. Stay tuned for Go Check out photos and recipes for a red pepper-basil julep, apple-pear mini crisps , a kale smoothie, stir fried veggies and ramen, and Alex's favorite roasted potatoes!


This post is sponsored* by Farm Fresh to You. To sign up for your own box, click the link below and don't forget to enter code ANNI9875 for $10 off your first box!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design