More Bridal

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Here's "Dress Two" or "The C&B Dress."

When the aforementioned sister, Lindsey got married last summer she received lots of goodies in the mail from Crate&Barrel. The folks over there were so nice as to wrap each gift and tie it with these lovely black-and-white ribbons.

She bestowed these glorious strands upon me with the suggestion that I "make a wedding dress out of them." Great idea, Lindsey!

Here are some in-progress shots for the C&B Dress. The base is white cotton muslin. I'm attaching each ribbon by way of straight-stitch in layers all the way down the dress.

Unfortunately, I've run out of these wonderful ribbons and the dudes at Create & Barrel won't let me have any more unless I order a gift online... so... anyone feeling generous?

Just as some brides might get married just to get the gifts, I'll buy the gifts just to get the ribbon.

(Note: Lindsey also received a nice husband, Danny, when she got married last summer, though not in the mail.)

1 comment:

  1. I think a bride would want at least two dresses - one for the ceremony and one to dance all night in and then perhaps a third to "go away in". A girl, i.e. bride can't have too many dresses or shoes, right?

    LOVE the photos of you being Ms. Costume Designer with the weapons of the trade in hand - scissors, needle and most of all the eye and creativity to pull it all together. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design