God Bless Texas!

Saturday, September 10, 2011
We had a big day in Austin. Apparently, everything is bigger in Texas. We went for a dip in Barton Springs this morning before stopping to get breakfast tacos from a truck. Amazing!


We explored SoCo, as the locals call it, after breakfast. We hit up the candy store for some pick'n'mix, which I guess you could call lunch and poked around the most unbelievable antique store, Uncommon Objects. Though I was tempted several times to make a purchase, I had to remind myself two thing: I can not afford a butcher block from the 1930s, and said butcher block will not fit into the back of Alex's car.


We headed back to Alex's apartment for some R&R before going back out into the heat. We decided to drive about 40 minutes to experience the best barbeque Texas has to offer. We went out to Lockhard to visit Smitty's. We feasted on fatty brisket, sausage, pork ribs, potato salad, beans, and bread.



Even though I was stuffed, we stopped to take some shots in the tiny town. Here I am wearing a Nieves Lavi silk jersey maxi dress and my Austin-approved DV heels. I was sure to remove my MJ watch while eating, and was careful to keep my new feather earring from getting dripped in BBQ sauce.

Who knows what this evening will bring? Tomorrow we're off to Lubbock, TX. I'll let you know how that one turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design