Nowhereland

Saturday, September 17, 2011
We drove clear across Texas. It took 8 hours, and we're still in Texas! We picked Lubbock as our halfway point between Austin and Santa Fe. And that's exactly what it turned out to be: a point on the map.


Upon arrival at our crappy motel, the pregnant sixteen-year-old concierge informed us that there is nothing to do in Lubbock and that, in fact, it's "just about the worst place to come to."

Awesome, thanks.

We decided to make a night of it anyway. I got all gussied up in a dress I got in London at a cute little store called Oliver Bonas.We made a pit stop near the Lubbock Lake to get cozy with some statues of some Colombian Mammoths. Whatever.



The blue and white stripes had me feeling very patriotic, especially as we rolled into the Stars and Stripes Drive-In. I slipped off my black and white Chanel-esque top shop flats to kick my feet up on the dash.


When we got back from the movie, we decided to call it an early night so that we could wake up early and haul ass outta Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design