Feel Like a Woman

Monday, May 5, 2014

When: Sunday, April 27th, 2014

Where: DVF Exhibit



Last weekend was the final one for the amazing DVF exhibit adjacent to LACMA, and even though I had visited it once, I didn't get a chance to take any blog photos. And since it's basically a requirement that every LA-based fashion blogger report from the patterned floors of the retrospective, when Jessica of Hell or High Fashion asked if I wanted to go, I certainly wasn't going to turn her down!



The exhibit focuses on the evolution -- or lack thereof (sorry!) -- of Diane von Furstenberg's famous wrap dress. Jess and I texted the night before to chat outfit choices. While I could have worn the only DVF wrap in my personal collection, I didn't want to get too literal with the whole look, so I opted for this dress-turned-skirt look I've styled a couple of times.


I paired the funky print with a mint colored peplum top (can you say 'on trend'?!?) that I scored for $3 at Urban Outfitters Surplus. That store is one of those secrets you don't want to share with anyone for fear of it getting picked over, but I also believe that every woman should know that there is a store that is only sale UO stuff. Seriously. The deals are so good, it had gotten to the point that if an item costs over ten bucks, it's too expensive!


To finish off the look, I paired some of my greatest Marshall's/TJ Maxx finds of all time -- a pair of Via Spiga shoes, and my fave pink MARC by Marc Jacobs bag. I got some seriously good deals on those accessories, trust.



 Urban Outiftters Peplum Top // Similar
DVF Numbers Skirt // Similar
MARC by Marc Jacobs Pink Bag // Similar
Via Spiga Platforms // Similar


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design