Sunday Soups: Quinoa Grilled Chicken

Sunday, February 1, 2015

I get a lot of inspiration for the food I make at home from the food I order when I'm out. At my part time retail job, I often order a soup-salad-sandwhich combo from the newly opened Orange Tree. The soup is always different and last week, they had a quinoa soup. Call me a dummy, but I never thought to put quinoa in soup. I whipped up this simple recipe, and the result is hearty, satisfying, and so totally delicious.

- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and shredded
- coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 celery stocks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 boxes of chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- salt and pepper


1. In a quart-sized soup pot, cook the onion and garlic in the coconut oil until they start to soften. Add carrots, celery, and parsnips and stir to combine. Cover with chicken stock and bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are nice a soft.

2. If you haven't done so already, grill your chicken, and cook your quinoa.

3. Add chicken and quinoa to boiling soup, and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design