Couch Cover!

Friday, February 5, 2010

I spent most of today making this couch cover. I got the fabric at Urban Outfitters. It was a twinXL duvet cover designed Alexander Girard. He's a cool graphic designer whose work was really popular in the 1970s. I guess UO is doing some reproductions of his work as he has been dead for 17 years... Hm?

Buying textiles at places other than traditional fabric stores can yield some very exciting results! Often you'll find better prints in better quality fabrics for cheaper. I got this duvet cover for $20 and I think I got a least 6 yards. I don't know that I could have found such a soft cotton with this cool of a design at a fabric store for less than $4 a yard.

I'm starting to feel a bit more satisfied with my apartment. I don't want to feel like I'm living in a "college" apartment with cheap ikea furniture and thrift store finds. Hopefully this custom couch cover will spice up "the room."

1 comment:

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design