Past Work - Band Aid Dress

Monday, February 8, 2010


This is one of my favorite creations.

I created this dress in my sophomore year. The assignment was to design a dress using any "non-textile" material. This means no fabric.

I created the dress using bandaids and only bandaids.

To construct the dress I stuck the bandages together with the adhesive stickyside to stickyside.

It took me a month to make it and I used over 3,000 Johnson & Johnson sheer breathable bandaids. I even made a little handbag out of the bandaid boxes to go with it.

Here you can see a close up of the back of the dress (including the zipper I hand sewed into it), me standing next to my work on the dressform during my critique, and Fumilaya modeling it in the Sophomore/Junior fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design