Decked Out

Thursday, February 20, 2014

When: Thursday, February 20th, 2014 -- Happy Birthday, Dad!! Love you always!

Where: Home Studio


Well, there you have it. My second blog post in a row inspired by the Coast to Coast Challenge. Sometimes, I think it's the only thing that gets me to dress interestingly in the morning. Seriously, yesterday I wore a grey maxi skirt with a black shirt and a pair of flats. It was boring and unblogworthy. Yeah, it was so bad, I made up a word.


Today's theme is Embellished. I actually struggled with this one. Most of my my decorated pieces are sequined dresses which served me very well for New Years Eves and bachelorette parties, but aren't really suited for the day time or working in a home office. I dug through my closet and found this decked out tank dress I literally haven't worn in two and a half years.


This rough-edged look is a little bit out of the box for me lately. I've been trying to direct my style into a more feminine, girly, frilly, and foofy direction. I like to think that look suits my bubbly, giggly personality best. But I have to admit, this outfit was fun to play with! It even inspired me to smudge a little dark eye makeup on, which garnered more than one compliment from my husband! Success!


Tank Dress: Design History via Second Time Around
Sweater: Pas Un Ange, hand-me-down 
Leggings: H&M
Booties: DV Dolce Vita
Watch: MARC by Marc Jacobs
Necklace: Kate Spade, gift from Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design