dot your i's and cross your t's

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

When: Tuesday, February 18th, 2014

Where: Home Studio


Wow. I can't believe I ever said I hate pants! Seems I've been loving pants lately -- especially the cuffed variety. I had been dreaming of some dotted jeans since forever, so when I saw these polka pants on clearance at the Gap Outlet for eight bucks, there was no way I was going to say no!


Lucky for me, this Tuesday's Coast to Coast Challenge is polka dots. I'm a fool for dots and if someone tells me to wear them you best believe I'm gonna wear some dang dots, mmkay?

 
This might seem like a lot of dots to someone who is actually sane, but for me, it's just right! In fact, maybe I should have worn polka dotted socks and shoes too?


I think what makes this outfit work is the subtle difference in size of each dot. If I had worn all head to one black and white medium scale dots like what's on my blazer, it would have looked a bit dizzying and overwhelming. The fact that the dots on my jeans are light and faded allows them to fall into the backdrop of this look, and let the other dots shine. Also, keeping the color spectrum narrow held the look together. Let's not imagine what would have happened if I had dressed in technicolor dots!


I love Coast to Coast because they help me get dressed in the morning when I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go in, but this particular blog and group of girls is much more than your average fashion-focused crowd. The good they do for the world, not only with their positive outlook and energy, but the fight they are waging against sex trafficking in the US and abroad is one of the most honorable uses of the internet I have seen in a long time.  You can read more about their cause here. I hope I can someday make a difference like they have and continue to do. Huge high-five to you, ladies!


Jacket: Comme to... Via Soto Sherman Oaks
Tank: Urban Outfitters
Jeans: Gap Outlet
Shoes: Guess via Marshall's
Mrs. Necklace: Kate Spade, gift from Alex
Statement Necklace and Stud Earrings: J Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design