Day 23 -- Autumn Longing

Sunday, September 23, 2012
Today I was really having one of those I-have-nothing-to-wear mornings. I tried on 2 dresses, but they just didn't feel right. It's supposed to be fall, but none of my fall dresses were working for me.

It's still super hot out and I knew I didn't want to spend the day in a high-necked, albeit sleeveless, circle skirted, multilayered silk wool blend plaid dress. So I dug around and I pulled out two pieces that I haven't worn this whole year of living in LA.


This Roberto Cavalli skirt is really difficult to wear. While it has a plethora of colors in it, it's hard to coordinate it with anything else. I keep thinking I'll sell it or something, but I can't seem to part with it. This baby retails for well over $1000, I got it for such a good deal, it's really unfair. I think I paid about $15 for it. Maybe that's why I can't get rid of it, it's such such a good example of what you can thrift if you try!

I had to really hunt to find a top to wear with it. This burnt orange blouse is really a thigh-length tunic, but it was the only top I could manage to make work! At least the light silk cools me down.


I pulled some colorful Alexis Bittar bangles to wear with this skirt today. I think these earthy tones look great with the floral!


Last, but definitely not least, I popped these Elizabeth and James beauties on my feet. It took me a while to figure out what to wear to work this time, I was about to run late, so I had to run down the street in my heels. And it wasn't cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design