Day 5 -- Modern Vintage

Wednesday, September 5, 2012
That oxymoronic phrase is seriously one of the more annoying things to me, but it has become pervasive in the fashion and interior design world. Like an eclectic style? Oh.. You're "modern-vintage."

Nonetheless, this old-timey getup seems to ooze that phrase. It's a happy marriage of up-to- date trends like the maxi skirt and peplum, with just enough throw back flair to make it interesting.




More than once, Alex has told me that I look like a pilgrim in this skirt. I think it's more 1880 than 1620, if you know what I mean.

The white lace and slight proofed sleeve of this top, and the belted effect that creates a peplum gives this outfit more of a Victorian look, in my opinion.



Not to mention, my favorite new booties! If these don't put a modern spin on a vintage look, I don't know what does!



As always, I finished the whole thing with some AB jewelry. I chose to wear a long cameo necklace -- what could feel more Victorian?! -- and a stack of sparkly bracelets just to bring some fun to the party.


Note the engagement ring!! Still can't believe that part is real...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design