Day 357 -- Stylistically Compatible

Thursday, August 22, 2013

When: Thursday, August 22nd, 2013

Where: Meeting our wedding photographer, miscellaneous couple errands



I rarely get a chance to dress up these days, so when I was presented with the chance to put on my best duds, even to what would seem to be the ordinary task of meeting a wedding vendor, I jumped. But! Let me tell you, it was a thrill. We met with Heidi Ryder at her adorable home office, and it was fabulous! When we came in, she offered us water (which certainly welcome on a ninety degree day) and cookies. She was so sweet and welcoming, and I'm so excited to work with her in the future. Check out her blog. Cuuuuuuute!



When I walked in her door, she complimented me on my dress. Why, thank you! This is truly one of my favorite pieces of all time. I lusted over it for many months and finally took the plunge with my Anthro birthday coupon. I would buy this dress again a hundred times over... As well as the rest of Charlotte Taylor's animal collection.


After we left her house, which was perfectly decorated with mid century furniture (further proof that we are stylistically compatible), we headed to Fry's electronics. Blah blah boring blah, Alex bought a thing and he was happy. On our way out, however, we stumbled on this amazing prop house which was selling off some of its wares. Thoroughly in a sixties mood care of Ms. Ryder, we wandered through the lot until we came across the most adorable peg-legged mod console unit -- perfect for our TV. A little back and forth and it was ours! Here's to a great outfit leading to a great day!  


Dress: Charlotte by Charlotte Taylor via Anthropologie | Shoes: Frye via TJ Maxx
Bag: Gift from FMIL | Earrings: Alexis Bittar
Ring: Soto Sherman Oaks | Watch: MARC by Marc Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design