Day 365 -- Alex's Birthday!

Friday, August 30, 2013

When: Friday, August 30th, 2013 -- Alex's Birthday!

Where: Up and down the beachy coast


Two years ago, on the eve of our cross country move, I bought this dress to wear to Alex's birthday party. Wearing this white lace dress, dancing alone to Sting in our empty apartment before the party started, we both got the feeling that this wouldn't be the last time I'd don a white frock and he'd twirl me around the room.


Alex (generously) washed this dress for me one day while I was at work last year and shrunk it pretty drastically. I couldn't bear to toss it out because of the memories it held. So when his birthday came around again, I decided to wear it one more time. It was just the right thing for the day. From blowing out the candles at midnight, to opening presents first thing in the morning, breakfast at our favorite joint, a long, leisurely drive up the coast, dipping our feet in the pacific, playing skeeball at the pier, dinner and drinks at our favorite local pub, and more cake at home, the day was absolutely perfect! Happy birthday, Alex! To many, many more together! I love you!


Dress: Urban Outfitters | Belt: Target | Shoes: DV by Dolce Vita via Marshall's
Jacket: Max and Cleo via Goodwill | Necklace: Maya Brenner
Earrings: Alexis Bittar | Ring: Soto | Sunglasses: Rayban

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design