Day 66 -- Fashion Food Chain

Monday, November 5, 2012
 When: Monday, November 5th, 2012

Where: To work at Alexis Bittar

This morning I was wondering how to mix dressing for fall with 90 degree plus weather. It seems LA didn't get the memo that it is now November! My solution was to opt for light fabrics, but incorporate some earth tones to make it feel more seasonal.

I added on even more fall feel with my accessories at work today. I'm obsessed with this panther bracelet! He's just stone cold cool.
I had hoped to wear these well-love Dolce Vita booties today, but it was just toodamnhot, so I stuck with my leopard flats. Maybe another time... or never. I'm the worst heel wearer ever.

This dress has a bit of a funny story behind it. I picked this baby up at Wasteland to wear on my birthday last year. A few months later I wore it again to work. The second I walk in the door, Jessica goes, "Wait. Where did you get that dress?" To which I, of course, told her Wasteland Studio City. "Really? I sold that very same dress in October!"

It was her dress! She sold it to Wasteland months before, and I bought it! She was so surprised to see it walk back into her life. I love this piece, but I can see why Jess let it go. Her style had tended much edgier lately, and this piece is very pretty and classic.

I love it! The drapes are so flattering and the fabric was perfect for a hot fall day like today!

Dress: Diane Von Furstenberg via Wasteland via Jessica | Shoes: Rocketdog via Marshall's
Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs | Jewelry: Alexis Bittar, borrowed

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design