Day 119 -- Engaged

Friday, December 28, 2012

When: Friday, December 28th, 2012

Where: Our engagement party!


Sometimes it's just so fun getting dressed up! I had previously worn this dress to a party at my old job, but my co-worker and friend (and fellow blogger!), Jessica mentioned to me at the time what a perfect dress this would be for an engagement party. And how right she was!


I bought this necklace just for the occasion. It's from Kate Spade's "Say Yes" collection. I love the explicative symbols on it! I guess it's what you might say when someone proposes -- a lot of profanities... I know I certainly did (in the best way possible).


These shoes also bear something of a story themselves. I had deeply coveted them when I had shopped the Margiela for H&M collection on Day 76, but alas the $300 price tag alluded me. But when I was in the city shopping for a wedding dress, I ran into a fellow in the Marc Jacobs store who was carrying the candy wrapper clutch and we got to chatting. He tipped me off too a monster of a sale happening at the H&M down the street. I rushed over there, sisters and mother in tow, and snapped up the very last part -- in my size, no less -- for $30! That's 90% for crying out loud!


Here's me and my dear friend, Emilie, reuniting with friends is one of the best excuses to party!


Dress: Cynthia Steffe via Marshall's | Sweater: Pas Un Ange | Shoes: Margiela for H&M
Necklace: Kate Spade | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs | Bracelet: Alexis Bittar | Ring: Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design