Day 194 -- Not Your Average Jort

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

When: Wednesday, March 13th, 2013

Where: Studio


Let me tell you a secret: I hate shorts. Really, I do. Very few people look good in them, they tend to expose too much, squeeze you in the wrong places and I hate the way they feel when you sit! Ick.


But, Jessica makes a very good point in this post. With the right fit and mixture of textures, shorts can actually work. I got these shorts over a year ago on deep sale at the gap, probably because they scream 90s mom, but I love them! I like the high waist fit and the flare of the leg. Nothing is worse than a cutoff jort that leaves nothing to the imagination. I mixed them with some simple and classic pieces and tried not to be too 'fashiony' with this outfit. After all, I'm only wearing them to my office of one.


Shorts: Gap | Tank: Vague Clothing | Sweater: Alice and Olivia, thrifted at Goodwill | Shoes: Keds
Necklace: Maya Brenner, gift from Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design