Day 211 -- Better Basics

Saturday, March 30, 2013

When: Saturday, March 30th, 2013

Where: Errands, studio


Even though I had a friend in town, I still needed to get some work done in my studio, ship off come orders (!!), and prep for my Eastover party! I had kind of a busy day getting work done so I could have more fun later, so I opted for an easy outfit complete with patterned jeans, tank top, and keds.


I know that I'm a "blogger" and all, and I should probably be a bit more concerned with my appearance, especially given that I post an image of myself every day on the internet for all the world to see. Well, maybe this makes me a bad "blogger," but sometimes I just don't care about how I look. Note the wet hair and make-free face in these photos. Maybe this blog would be more successful if I put my hair in curlers every day, or wore heels more often, but that's just not me. I like walking my dog in flats, with a plastic bag sticking out of my pants pocket, and leaving the house without so much as sunscreen on my face.


That's not to say that I don't like getting dressed up now and then, or that just because I'm dressed casually, I don't think I look good. I'm actually quite fond of this outfit. It simple, but interesting. Jessica recently blogged about using basics to make great outfits. This outfit is another example of basics with a twist. This is, after all, just a jeans-and-tank look. But how much more fun is it that the pants are printed, the tank as cool graphics, and eve the comfy shoes are made of velvet? See? Basics can be beautiful. Even if your hair is wet and you're not wearing any makeup.


Sweater: Gap | Tank: Vague Clothing | Jeans: Rich and Skinny via TJ Maxx | Shoes: Keds for Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design