Day 295 -- And We're Off!

Friday, June 21, 2013

When: Friday, June 21st, 2012

Where: LAX --> BOS


And we're off! I may look like a sleepy mess, but believe me, I'm excited to go on vacation! I busted my butt over the last few months to earn this time off and I'm going to really enjoy it. When I travel, I usually like to wear a jersey dress, flats, and layers.

I don't think I've every worn this dress on the blog before, because it was so awkward! The neckline was too high, the waistline undefined, the hem to short, and the spread too narrow.

I worked a little magic on it and converted it to what you see above. Check out the before and after photo below. I adjusted the neckline by making it lower and adding a pleat. This made for a more flattering and slimming scoop as well as a subtle curve at the waist. I also added a slit -- which is so on trend right now -- to take care of the weird hem length and make this dress easy to walk in. Now I can take a full stride!


Dress: Forever 21, reworked | Sweater: Forever 21 | Shoes: Topshop | Bag: Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design