Day 302 -- Dog Days Are Over

Friday, June 28, 2013

When: Friday, June 28th, 2013

Where: Rockland


On our last full day in Maine, the whole family went into Thomaston to shop at the Prison Shop. It was the coolest place ever! It was full of wood furniture, toys, kitchen equipment, and other amazing handmade items that are crafted in the local prison woodshop. My mom was nice enough to treat me to a trivet. Thanks, Mom!


We also stopped in a couple antique stores. My reworked vintage blouse fit in perfectly! When I bought this shirt years ago, I really loved the doggie print, but I never wore it because the fit was so terrible and outdated. I decided to update it by removing the sleeves, fitting the bodice and creating a peplum out of the excess fabric. I felt terrible ripping this piece apart, because it was beautifully handmade. I hope I did it justice in the end!


Blouse: Vintage, reworked | Jeans: BDG via Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Restricted via TJ Maxx | Sweater: Pas Un Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design