Day 325 -- House and Home

Sunday, July 21, 2013

When: Sunday, July 21st, 2013

Where: Work at Trinkets, Random house hunting


The weather had cooled down well enough for me to feel comfortable wearing jeans to my air-conditioned job at Trinkets and Treasures. When I wear jeans, I find that wearing a "top" rather than just a simple tee can make all the difference in terms of looking put together and professional. I give jeans a bad rap for being too casual, but I'm happy with how this turned out.


After I left work, Alex and I cruised around the neighborhood looking at the Sunday open houses. Alex and I are super into DIY/decorating/home improvements etc, and we can't wait to buy a home and make it our own! The trouble is, all the houses in our area are listed for close to a million dollars. Do I look like a millionaire? (Well, I might dress like one, but I assure you I'm not!) So, we've started an aggressive savings plan, and we're looking to buy a real fixer and put our own touch on it. We probably won't be in a position to buy for another year or two, but it is so much fun looking at places!


Top: Girls From Savoy via Anthropologie
Jeans: Rich and Skinny via Marshall's | Shoes: Rocketdog via Marshall's

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design