Birthday Sangria

Friday, October 26, 2012

This receipe comes to you care of my brillaint friend and co-worker Roxanne. Girl knows how to make a drink!

Here's what you'll need:
1 750 ml bottle of Captain Morgan spriced rum (or larger if you like!)
1 big jug of Carlo Rossi Sangria red wine (I think it only comes in the too-heavy-to-carry size)
1 2-liter bottle of sprite/7-up/sierra mist/ginger ale/whatever
Fruits (I used apples and oranges to give it a fall flavor, and it was great!)
I cup simple syrup (2 cups of sugar dissolved in 1 cup water)

 So first, slice up your fruits. But be really careful not to slice yourself, or you may end up using the most colorful curse words you've ever heard in your life! I sliced mine in rings because I thought that would look prettiest.


Put them in the bottom of a large container. I have this great jug thing with a tab which made it really easy for my guests to serve themselves. Pour in the whole bottle of rum.

Then pour in the whole bottle of wine.



Last, add the simple syrup.

Let this mixture stew together overnight at room temperature.

I didn't get a picture of the last step because I was too eager to actually drink the stuff, but... Right before your guests arrive, pour the whole bottle of sprite into the jug and stir.

It was sooo tasty, but many of my guests complained that it wasn't strong enough. Roxanne recommends also adding a 750ml bottle of tequila, and that could be really fun too!

Let me know how yours turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design