Day 55 -- On a Golden Autumn Day

Friday, October 26, 2012
When: Thursday, October 25th, 2012

Where: To work at Alexis Bittar, movie date with Alex (we saw Argo and it was amazing!)
 

Why: It was going to be a long day, and it was cold when I woke up. I was really struggling to find anything to wear in the 2.5 seconds I had before I had to run off to a morning meeting, so I grabbed some pieces I knew I hadn't worn in a while, because frankly, they're not my favorites. Trying not to repeat pieces is starting to get hard! I'm running out!



 I got these pants at Gap about a year ago*, right after I started working at Alexis Bittar. I knew blue jeans were against dress code, and I was just coming out of a big jeans phase -- I lived in jeans when I lived in Boston! These navy Audrey pants seemed to be the perfect piece at the time to pull me through, and really I haven't worn them all too much!

This peplum blouse can really only be worn with pants, so I instantly grabbed it in the dark once I had decided on slacks. The marigold sweater perfectly ties in  with the splotch of color at the bottom of my blouse.

I love the fall colors of this outfit! Even though it was actually still hot today, I felt like maybe the seasons were turning...


What:
Pants -- Gap
Top -- Vena Cava via Wasteland
Sweater -- H&M 
Shoes -- Rocketdog via Marshall's (Alex says I need to switch up the shoes I wear more, but I love these ones! So versatile!)

*Isn't it funny how I always end up saying when or why I bought what I'm wearing today rather than saying why I put it on? I always remember the situations that drive me to shop. I guess shopping is such an experience for me, that all my outings really stick in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design