Day 172 -- Printed Lady

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

When: Tuesday, February 19th, 2013

Where: Parents house, walking around Bol Park


 It rained most of our first day in Palo Alto, but when the sun came out, it was absolutely beautiful! It was nice to be out in the fresh air and sunshine, and not be swallowed up by a cloud of LA smog. We enjoyed walking around the park, visiting the donkeys, chickens, goats, and multimillion dollar mansions.


When I came downstairs, my mom gave me the once over and said, "So you're wearing, one, two... three patterns? Okay." That's just what I do. I will always feel bad about telling her friend, Kay, that she wasn't allowed to mix prints. As I recall, she was wearing a pair of lovely brown pants with a patterned weave, and a coordinating printed shirt in brown as well. I was about 14 and felt I was the local authority of fashion. I think I may have spoke too soon... Mixing prints is the best!


I know I really disparaged of wearing pants in the past, however, since starting working from home -- a drafty, cold home at that! -- pants have become my favorite go-to outfit starter. I've found that I love all kinds of pants, leggings, jeans, colored and printed denim, slacks, sweats -- I love them all! I do feel a bit like I'm cheating when I wear pants though... like this outfit was just a bit too easy.


Jacket: BB Dakota | Blouse: Jason Wu for Target, gift from Maija | Jeans: Rich and Skinny via TJ Maxx | Belt: Target | Shoes: Restricted via TJ Maxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design