Day 173 -- The Perfect Skirt

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When: Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 -- Happy Birthday, Dad!

Where: Mitchell Park with the pup, Mayfield Cafe for lunch, RallyPad for a dress rehearsal.


For a busy day, a maxi skirt is so reliable. I find that a long skirt can work for many different occassions. Its length can lend it towards more formal events, but since it's also so trendy, it works for more casual hanging out, or for work.


This is one of my favorite skirts, not only because of the pleats and print, or because it was a gift from my sister, Maija... but because I was proposed to in it! Wearing it brings back such happy memories.


I got engaged in the summer and wore this skirt with a white tube top, but due to the chilly weather in NorCal, I layered a tunic and jacket with it. A low slung wide belt and matching black purse completed this outfit and I was off and running!


Jacket: BB Dakota | Tunic: Gap | Belt: H&M | Skirt: Anthropologie | Purse: Coach
Boots: White Mountain via TJ Maxx | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Earrings: Alexis Bittar | Necklace: Maya Brenner

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design