Day 130 -- Mix and Match

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

When: Tuesday, January 8th, 2013

Where: Furniture shopping, visit to the jewelers, and a haircut for Alex, all in Beverly Hills


Check me out lounging on our new orange couch! We had been to two Crate&Barrels in two days, but it turns out that the third location on the third day was the charm. Just as we were about to give up hope on finding our perfect loveseat... there she was, sitting in the corner with a big red markdown tag on her!


This wasn't a very Beverly Hills approved outfit. First off, I'm not wearing heels, which I'm pretty sure means I wasn't supposed to be within city limits, but alas.


I don't think such a silly mix of prints was much admired in BH, either. There's more of a conservative, designer-driven style round those parts, and sadly, I left my slacks, silk button down, and louboutins at home. I love mixing prints, and I adore this mix of dots, ethnic pattern, and stripe. Keeping everything black and white made it work -- at least according to me.


But my most egregious mistake was wearing these tights. I garnered a good amount of funny looks while sporting these down Rodeo Boulevard. I think to see me coming, it looked like my legs were just extra, super pale. I am fair, but not that much! You can see they are just hose when I turn around.


Shirt: Urban Outfitters | Skirt: Forever 21 | Tights: Anthropologie | Shoes: BDG via Urban Outfitters Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design