Day 139 -- Clothing Karma

Friday, January 18, 2013

When: Thursday, January 17th, 2012

Where: Studio and out to dinner with my man!


Sometimes I like to pretend like I have to get dressed up for a real office job when I walk to five feet to my home studio. It's kind of like getting ready for a costume party, but it helps give my outfits direction. I was feeling both stressed and excited about launching my fashion line, so I opted for something simple, classic, and colorful to help me feel relaxed and bright.



You can't tell, but I even did my makeup to match my outfit. A bright red lip and blue eyeshadow helped me feel playful and fun. I truly believe in the look good, feel good mentality and even though I was a bit tense about what the future would bring now that my designs are out there, I spent a little extra time getting ready for the day and it really helped!


The first time I wore this blouse, my college apartment was robbed while I was in class. It's hard to even look at it without remembering that day. When it happened, I thought that this top would be forever cursed! I have very strong feelings about the karma clothes bring. I turned this top's luck around by wearing during a monumental week, and now maybe I'll consider wearing it more often.


 Sweater: Alice and Olivia | Blouse: Ric Rac via Anthropologie | Skirt: J Crew via Second Time Around | Shoes: Gap | Bag: DKNY, gift from my sister, Maija | Banana Necklace: Topshop | Bronze Chain: Gift from Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design