Day 151 -- Expect Greatness

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

When: Tuesday, January 29th, 2013

Where: Daniela Corte LA Legging Launch Event


I whipped up this easy wearing dress sometime last week and when it came time to get dressed up to go and meet a fellow MassArt graduate and designer upon the exciting launch of her legging line here in LA, it seemed like the perfect little piece to throw on and go.


While I was dressing to impress, I didn't want to forget my own style. The perfect way to do that was to wear something I had designed and made myself. I love this mixture of colors and prints on this little number, and it, too, will soon be available for custom order!


I accessorized this dress with a belt to cinch in the waist -- after all, this is maternity wear, and there's lots of extra room in this baby! --, and boots to match. I played off the gold hardware with a gold necklace and topped off the whole look with a good head of rollered hair.


Since I was going out on the town, I layered on a little bit more makeup than usual -- which still isn't much, with an extra swipe of liquid eyeliner. This whole look was fun and playful and helped me feel more myself even when I was admittedly intimidated by the crowd of amazing people!


Dress: Expect sample | Belt: H&M | Leggings: Kimchi Blue via Urban Outfitters 
Boots: Steve Madden | Necklace: Forever 21 | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design