Day 140 -- Dream Dress

Saturday, January 19, 2013

When: Friday, January 18th, 2013

Where: Wedding dress shopping at The Ivory Suite, working in my studio


I already have this dress in another color, but when I saw this version on Jessica Quirk's blog, What I Wore, I knew I had to have this one too! I searched high and low because this dress was sold in Anthropologie in 2011 and wasn't available in stores anymore.


I finally found one on eBay for an incredible price, but it got lost in the mail! I was horrified. The seller refunded me my money, and I was able to order another one for a slightly higher price. I knew I really wanted this dress and my spending freeze was soon coming, so I ordered it just before the new year, and it arrived a couple days ago. It was fun getting a new piece after The Challenge kicked in. It made me feel like I was cheating!


I kept thinking that I should save it for a special occasion. Since I work from home, I don't usually see very many people during the day, or get a chance to show off my favorite outfits. Usually, my big outing for the day will be taking Bucket out to do his business. I broke my new dress out to go shopping for a different dress! I'm desperately searching for the perfect wedding dress. I don't understand how anyone can decide what to wear! I don't think I can choose just one.


Which is why I'm probably going to get three wedding dresses. I already have one that I got over a month ago, but I'm still looking for a ceremony dress, and one to eat cake in. Can someone please help me? What do you think I should wear to my wedding?


Sweater: Forever 21 | Dress: Maple via eBay | Shoes: Via Spiga via Marshall's | Belt: Second Time Around | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs | Earrings: Macys | Bag: Furla, gift from future MIL

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design