Day 145 -- Dots and Dresses

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When: Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013

Where: Trying on wedding dresses at Lovely Bride in West Hollywood


The last time I went wedding dress shopping, I wore polka dots too! Must be a theme for me.
 

I love the quirky print! It's so recognizably Marc. And on days when I'm not feeling my slimmest, the tent foundation and tie at the waist conceals my imperfections and makes me feel so comfortable.


When I wore this dress before I matched a coral sweater to the bright red dots. This time, I pulled the marigold color out and layered this slouchy sweater over top. Maybe there's more than one way to style this dress, I just haven't figured it out yet.


One of my New Years resolutions was to wear heels more often, and I think I've been doing a pretty good job at it. If you look at my first 100 days of daily outfits posts, you'll see I only wore heels a handful of times. Over the last week, I've really stepped it up (no pun intended!).


Although I didn't find my dream dress, I sure felt good doing it! As fun as it has been trying on dresses for my upcoming nuptials, I don't think my dream dress actually exists... yet. So I'm going to make it. And as much as I'd like to blog about making it, I can't have my fiance snooping about and seeing it ahead of time. Stay tuned, you'll get to see it in a year...


Dress: Marc by Marc Jacobs via Marshall's | Sweater: H&M | Shoes: Dolce Vita 
Jewelry: Alexis Bittar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design