Day 131 -- Downton Dreaming

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

When: Wednesday, January 9th, 2013

Where: Studio, business errands


I stopped in Anthro yesterday and nearly blew The Challenge in the sale section. A floral knee length dress on deep discount almost tempted me away from my spending fast. I had to tell myself to walk away.


I'm glad I did. There was no reason to spend money one a new dress when I had something in my closet that could satisfy my fashion craving. I pulled this soft flowery high-low dress I got rather recently. I got this dress so a steal, so it's a double whammy -- I won't regret missing the great sale yesterday, nor will I miss out on fun florals!


Alex and I have my addicted to Downton Abbey lately, so I was feeling the dressed-for-dinner look tonight. This long pearl necklace added just the touch of 1920s vintage glam I was looking for, and this deep red lipstick gave my that dark romantic feel. I even think this mumsy sweater feels a bit WWI.


While I haven't been spending any money on clothing lately, I have spent a little bit to update our home. I told you yesterday about the couch we grabbed at Crate&Barrel, but today I want to introduce to to our new butcher block counter top! As you can see behind me, we had a super awkward space that was just begging for added storage and useable counter space. Amazingly, we found that absolute perfect fit at Ikea! Alex did a wonderful job of putting it together and I'm so excited to cook on it. We even added these really fun rabbit shaped drawer pulls to dress the piece up a bit.


We're looking for art to put on that wall behind me, so if anyone has some bright ideas about something I could paint, let me know! I'm taking suggestions.


Dress: Principessa Venice | Sweater: Staring at Stars via Urban Outfitters | Belt: Vintage from Goodwill | Shoes: BCBG via TJ Maxx | Necklace: Little market in Italy | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs | Lipstick: NARS Daredevil

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design