Day 143 -- Modern Sixties

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

When: Monday, January 21st, 2013

Where: Studio! (Dog walk)


Oh my god, was it hot! Wearing tights was the total wrong choice. After walking Bucket, I could wait to take them off and sip some sweet iced tea. It was burning outside!


I put on this dress in the first place because it is so cold in my house and studio. I hope this bodes well for summer. When it gets up to the triple digits in a few months, I hope the house will be just as cool and drafty as it has been this winter. This dress slash tights combo kept me warm for the fifteen minutes I spent in the house before I went outside and almost went up in flame.


I love the 1960s feel of this wooly wonder, and so I played into the look with minimal jewelery, a chunky black pump, and a thick sweep of black eye liner. I still love getting dressed up, even if it's only to go on a quick walk and sit alone in my studio all day. It's one of the very few things that makes me get out of bed in the morning.

Dress: Premise via TJ Maxx | Tights: Leggs via CVS | Shoes: Seychelles via TJ Maxx
Bracelet: Forever 21

See Also: The first time I wore this dress, when I was trying to impress my future in-laws with pie.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a comment you left at Kendi Everday that you've given up shopping for a year. I'm doing the same!! I'm only on week 3 tho (god help me)

    http://www.thismomsgonnasnap.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm on week 3 too! It's been tough, but I have faith that I can do it! The thing that freaks me out is thinking, "I won't have a new dress for my birthday... Or a special outfit for traveling," etc.

      I just checked out your blog. It's fun to have someone in on this with me! You can do it! WE can do it!!

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design