Day 144 -- Plaid Squared

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When: Tuesday, January 23rd, 2013

Where: Studio and The Mint to be Alex's camera girl for the night


The last time I wore this dress, was on my birthday, but I felt the length was a bit awkward for my height. I guess it's what you might call a midi dress, but for someone who is already petite with short legs, a hem that hits mid-calf didn't seem to quite flatter.  I cut off about 6 inches to give it a girlier, more retro shape. But I made sure to save the scrap for another project!
 

I have always loved mixing prints, and these buffalo checks seemed to be a match made in heaven! Because the check is a very similar scale, it keeps the overall look from getting too busy. Cinching in the sweater at the waist streamlines the overall silhouette, making the mixing of plaids seem slightly less cuckoo. I calmed the whole look down with black tights and matching booties.


I love the way this look came together. It's one of my favorite outfits ever! I didn't get any funny looks for my odd combo (thought I was in a dark club most of the time I was out in public), but it kind of gives me the confidence to try some more mixing and matching!


Dress: Cooperative via Urban Outfitters | Sweater: Mossimo via Target | Tights: Leggs via CVS | Boots DV Dolce Vita via Marshall's | Necklace: Bridesmaid gift from Lindsey | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs, gift from Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design