Day 152 -- Sixties Siren

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

When: Wednesday, January 30th, 2013

Where: Studio!


Sometimes it's fun to get dressed up for yourself for no reason. This was one of those days. My mom sent me this skirt in the mail last week with some Christmas gifts I forgot at home. I wanted to brighten up the neutral basic color of it with a pop of green, and as I started to layer these pieces together, I started to feel more and more Mad Men.


Inspired by my new red locks, I went for a full-tilt Joan look with a pinned up bouffant, stiletto heels, and I even tried to mimic her signature pen necklace with my own wishbone one.


Luckily, I practically live at Sterling Cooper Draper Price, because Alex's office is a total midcentry dream! I had my fun playing a sixties siren, but I eventually had to kick off my louboutins and head to the studio for some hard work. I had lots of sewing to do!


Shirt: Forever 21 | Sweater: Gap | Skirt: Ellen Tracy, gift from Mom | Shoes: Christian Louboutin | Necklace and Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design