Day 230 -- Inspired

Thursday, April 18, 2013

When: Thursday, April 18th, 2013

Where: Studio



I'm not gonna lie: as I was watching Bravo's It's A Brad Brad World, I became totally inspired by the Kate Spade look. KS is one of my current favorite brands. I've never considered myself to be pretty, but this season's quirky spin and retro vibe was right up my alley. The strongest detail I took away from viewing the collection was the beaded Peter Pan collars.


I wanted to run right out and load up on short sleeve sweaters, little black dresses, and cap sleeve blouses with the beaded collar detail. But that is not an option for me right now. So I went to my own closet to recreate the look. It's a common fashion "rule" that navy and black can't go together, but I love that combo. So long as it's done with purpose, it can totally work. This navy sweater shirt with black cap sleeves was the perfect base for my pearly beaded collar necklace. I completed the look with a black pleated skirt -- so retro! -- and navy keds. I felt very KS and very me!


Shirt: Gap | Skirt: Jason Wu for Target | Necklace: Forever 21
Shoes: Keds | Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design